Friday, September 28, 2012

The Diet Solution Program – My Journey Day 1


After some research I decided to try “The Diet Solution Program” to help me lose 30lbs.
I don’t know how those Biggest Loser competitors do it on national tv.My current weight is 205lbs and I want to get down to 175lbs.  I’ll probably do the front, back, and side fat pictures so you can see the before and afters, but man I really don’t want to.
Anyway, I’ve seen the program around for quite sometime now, and did alot of research on it’s creator Isabel De Los Rios.
So far I’m not disappointed.  The program really doesn’t give itself justice until after you purchase it and have access to the extensive information in their members areas.
It seems like they are in the process of revamping the name to something more on point with their philosophy.  The philosophy being that this is a lifestyle change not a diet.
Isabel De Los Rios - The Diet Solution Program
Isabel De Los Rios
I don’t know about you, but I like to eat real food, not food out of a box or something that’s delivered by the mail.
Also, if you enjoy cooking and learning new recipes this is a great program to follow.  You’ll be cooking a wide variety of foods and creating balanced meals that are right for your body type.
When you first sign up you’ll have to take a 25 question metabolism test just to see where your metabolism is at.  Whether you have a protein, carb, or mixed type metabolism.
After that you’ll see a customized meal plan for whatever metabolism type you are.  I’m a protein type which is actually spot on for me because once I saw all the foods that I can eat it’s exactly inline with what I eat that makes me feel best, and gives me the most energy.
You’ll learn that some foods, although healthy, may not be right for your type, and could leave you feeling tired with a lack of energy.
For example, you may love all types of fruits, but apples and pears will give you the biggest energy boost where as bananas and oranges can have the opposite effect.
Beyond that I’m not going to go to far into the program because I won’t do it justice.
What I want to do is outline my everyday progress and meal planning so it can help others that may be on or just starting the program.
NOTE: I started with the 14 Day Supercharged Meal plan, just so I could get up and running as I keep learning about the nutritional aspects of the program.
I’m doing this because even though their are numerous recipes provided by Isabel and various Diet Solutionmembers, the meals themselves aren’t specifically spelled out for you.
For example, here is a screen shot of my day 1 meal plan.  Keep in mind, I’m a protein type so the plans vary.
The Diet Solution Meal Plan
For breakfast it’s self explanatory.  Put eggs, tomato and spinach in a pan with some coconut oil and you’re done.
NOTE:  You’ll be learning much about coconut oil and it’s cooking uses throughout this program.
Here is some of what Isabel has to say about coconut oil, “I am sure that you have all heard about the benefits of cooking with and consuming olive oil, but have you been exposed to the amazing health benefits of coconut oil?  Many countries, especially those in Asia and the Pacific Islands, consider the coconut as “The Tree of Life” due to its extensive history as both a dietary staple and a healing medicine.
Like I have said in several other articles and blog posts, saturated fat is not as damaging to our bodies as scientists and the media have made it out to be.  There are a select few saturated fats that are, indeed, good for your body and coconut oil is one of those fats.  The short version of the story is that while nearly all saturated fats are considered long-chain fatty acids (LCFA), coconut oil consists of medium-chained fatty acids (MCFA) that not only have no negative effect on cholesterol, they can actually lower the risk of both atherosclerosis and heart disease.”
Back to the meal plan day 1:  So for lunch I was able to eat Salmon, raw veggies, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, lettuce.
That’s great, but I was hoping to see a link to a specific recipe that fits that exact meal, but there was no link.  So I started searching through the extensive list of recipes on her site, and found many salmon recipes that worked.  Basically, I needed to see how to prepare it as far as baking or broiling, etc.
After a bit of customization I came up with, “Baked Salmon over Arugula Salad”.  This is how it turned out.
Baked Salmon over Arugula Salad
I needed a raw veggie so I used diced carrots, chose arugula for the lettuce, and had my garbanzo beans.
I enjoy cooking and creating things so coming up with this was ok for me, but I think they should make it super simple and provide an exact recipe for each meal that meets all protein, carb, and fat requirements for that specific meal.
For snack it was just some grilled chicken, I boiled and mashed a sweet potato, and had some raw broccoli.
Honestly, I skipped this snack because I didn’t have the chicken defrosted so I held off the sweet potato and broccoli until dinner time.
Don’t know if I was supposed to do this, but I did.
For Dinner my requirements were beef, tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, lemon juice, olive oil.
This is what I came up with:
London Broil over Mixed Vegetables
View the London Broil over Mixed Vegetables Recipe (Still working on post for this recipe)
So that was the end of my day one journey on this program.
I actually wasn’t hungry for the rest of the night, and didn’t have the urge to eat my usual ice cream or pudding.
That could also be because of all the water I drank.  Approximately 100 ounces of water.
Isabel states that you should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water everyday.
Moving forward I’ll be outlining my meals and recipes for each day to help anyone get started or just to provide some different recipe choices with different preparations.
If you want to learn more about the program please click this link to The Diet Solution Program.
I became an affiliate of Isabel’s because I find the information, and the program itself to be head and shoulders above others.
With that being said, if you click on through to her program and choose to buy I will get a commission.
If not, at least you can come back here to see all the recipes I come up with, and try to implement these in your everyday meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment